Returns and Warranty
Return Policy and Warranty Policy
We strive hard to provide our customers with quality goods at competitive prices. Nevertheless, there are times that you wish to return an item, or have a warranty claim. The following are our policies on returns and warranties.
To start a return or warranty claim please fill out the return form here.
- Our return policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase (purchase date on receipt), we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- Any purchases made through our physical stores are all FINAL SALE - no refunds, no exchanges, no exceptions.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. All original packaging and packaging inserts must be included and undamaged. If the original packaging or package insert is missing or damaged (torn, ripped, crushed, dented, marked in any way that makes it unsellable as new), a 20% restocking fee will be assessed and deducted from the refund amount.
- To complete your return, we require a proof of purchase: receipt, packing slip, or invoice.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
- Any item with obvious signs of use, not in its original condition, is damaged, marked, or missing parts not due to our error.
- Any returned products we deem as unsellable as new will be granted partial refund depending on the condition of the returned products.
- Shipping charge is not refundable. If you paid a shipping charge for the purchase, the original shipping cost will not be refunded. For items that shipped free, our actual shipping costs will be deducted from your refund.
- An order cannot be cancelled once it has shipped. If you decide to cancel after shipment, our standard return policy applies.
- Refunds (if applicable)
- Once your returned items are received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the refund approval status.
- If the refund is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment within 10 business days from the approval.
- We will send you an email confirmation when your refund has been issued. Again, please note original shipping cost is non-refundable, or will be deducted from the refund amount if you had free shipping for the purchase.
Return Process Instructions
- Upon approval of the return, we will email you the RMA (return merchandise authorization) number and return shipping address. You will mail/ship the product to us based on instruction you received.
- Please note that product sent back to us without an RMA will not be processed for return and refund.
- It is customer’s responsibility to ensure safe delivery of the return goods to us. We highly recommend cushioned packaging and using a trackable shipping service and/or purchasing shipping insurance.
- Returns are processed within 10-15 business days of receiving your return.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet,
- First check your bank account again, then contact your credit card company. It may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of the above and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us here.
- Sale items (if applicable)
For special marked sale items, or explicitly marked ‘final’ items, all sales are final and cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged in shipping. If you need to exchange it for the same item, please contact us here.
- Warranty replacement is only valid when purchased directly from our webstore (www.firstledlighting.com) or our physical store in Los Angeles.
- Proof of purchase (receipt with date) is required in order to get a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- Warranty period starts from the purchase date on the receipt or invoice.
- Products out of the warranty period are not eligible for warranty replacement.
- Our warranty service point is at 7509 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90046.
- Fill out the return form in full here. Provide as much detail as possible.
- Upon approval of the warranty return, we will email you the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, return shipping address, and further instructions.
- Send the defective product back to us.
- Please note that product sent to us without an RMA will not be processed for warranty.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs for warranty return and replacement. Shipping costs are non-refundable.
- For defective product within the warranty period, we may choose to:
- Repair the item
- Replace the item with same model
- Replace the item with a comparable model if the original model is no longer available
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure safe delivery of the warranty return goods. We highly recommend using a trackable shipping service and purchasing shipping insurance.